Hi! I just wanted to say that I found your blog after searching for “everything my husband does annoys me” and it was exactly what I needed! So nice to hear that I am not alone. I wanted to share some tidbits of my own to get them off my chest and hopefully I will feel better! 🙂 We just celebrated our 7 year anniversary and I feel the annoyances getting worse and worse…
1) No matter how many times I ask hubby nicely, “when you see that the trash can is full, can you take it out and put in a new plastic bag?” he will not. He will continue to throw garbage after garbage into the kitchen trash can until the lid will no longer close. He will ONLY take the trash outside if I myself, remove the bag, tie it up, place it outside on our front patio, and ask him repeatedly to throw it into the outside container. He will only comply if he is already on his way out to do something else. Heaven forbid he go outside JUST to take the trash out!
2) Along the same vein, the man does not understand the concept of recycling. I’ve told him over and over, not to throw dirty paper towels and napkins into the recycling. Seriously 5 seconds after the words come out of my mouth, I’ll see him wipe his dirty mouth/hands with a napkin, ball it up, and toss it in the recycling container.
3) If i see another random beer bottle cap on the counter I’ll scream…
4) The ‘ol “I’m going to lie down for 10 minutes” on the weekends that turns into a 2 hour nap (when I was the one who woke up early with the kids and let him sleep in). Meanwhile I’m struggling to entertain our 1 and 4 year old boys AND cook dinner. Even better when he doesn’t even tell me he’s going to lie down and mysteriously disappears in the house to take a nap as if I’m not going to notice.
5) When he washes the dishes, he will not remove the existing dry dishes from the rack. Instead, he will pile new wet dishes as high as the eye can see until they are practically reaching the ceiling. Glasses are teetering and balancing on top of pots, pots on top of our kid’s dishes, etc. What is it with men and their inability to put things away??
6) He is very neat and clean when it comes to HIS things. He will step over toys and dirty laundry, yet his office desk is in impeccable order and he will chastise me if I forget to rinse out the coffee pot (he loves his morning coffee). Nevermind the 20 other dirty dishes in the sink, his coffee pot must be rinsed/washed out immediately!
7) He just loves to buy cheap crap. Just because something is $1, he’ll buy it because it’s “cheap”. Then it goes unused and ultimately thrown away. If we’re at Ikea, he’ll insist on buying $1 salad tongs. One time he bought 3 sets of them because they were cheap! Um… he doesn’t eat salad and they were never used. Our bookcase is filled with un-read books that he keeps buying from Amazon for inspiration (he’s a web designer). in 8 years together, I have never seen him finish a book from cover to end, yet he keeps buying more and more books. In his free time he’s either lying down or watching movies yet he will complain to me later that he has no free time to read his books 😐
Ok I could probably go on but I think I’ll stop 🙂 On the other end of the spectrum, he puts up with my nagging and constant reminders and never gets annoyed with me (on the outside at least!)